2009年6月5日金曜日

#7 Homework

1. Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

Yes.
When I stayed with my hostfamily in the U.S, I could tell my feelings to my host family.
When I cried, my host mother helped me.
When she is happy to play with her baby, I was happy, too because I could her happy emotion.
So, I think that feelings are universal.


2. Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

Japanese        English
楽しい          happy
  嬉しい pleased
悲しい sad
楽しい fun
おもしろい interesting
いらいら irritage
興奮する excited
どきどき nervous
悔しい regretable
だるい lazy


3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?

I think "mukatsuku" is hard to translate in English.

9 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Anpanman san,

    It was great that your host mother helped you when you felt sad!
    I ageee with you that Mukatsuku cannot be translated into English! 'Angry' is not enough, isn't it?:)

    返信削除
  2. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  3. Hello☆
    I think "mukatsuku" have both of meaning "angry" and "irritant".

    返信削除
  4. hello:)
    I think "mukatsuku" means annoy.

    返信削除
  5. Hello!! Anpanman☆
    I also have done same experience with you.
    My host family helped me, when I cried. And when I was happy, they smiled with me.
    Our feelings is a close resemblance universal across dorder.

    返信削除
  6. I agree with you.
    I think "Mukatsuku" is modern word in Japan.
    Young Japanese people make a lot of new words.
    These words translate very difficut.

    返信削除
  7. Hi anpanman :)
    I agree with you.
    "Mukatsuku" is difficult to translate into English. And I think that it is also hard to say how feeling it is.

    返信削除
  8. hi!! Yeah it is very different to transfer " mukatuku" into English. haha
    maybe "Super angry"??lol

    返信削除
  9. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除