2009年5月25日月曜日

Greetings

1. How do you greet members of your family? (mother, father, older brother, younger brother, grandparents, etc.)

When I meet my parents first in the morning, I say "Ohayo-!" to them.
Also, they usually go to bed earlier than I, so they say to me, "oyasumi," and they go to their bedroom.
So, I don't say them "oyasumi" from myself.


2. How do you greet people that are important in society?

I greet them by bowing.
If they are politicians, I wave my hand to them because it is a mark to cheer them.


3. Do you greet people from the opposite sex in a different way?

I greet men by using a little violent verbal because I don't want them to be treated as women.
I want them to treat the same position to them.


4. Do you hug anyone? If yes, who and when. If no, why not?

I don't hug anyone because I'm shy to give hugs.
Hugging is a way to love deeply in Japan, so I can't do that here.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi anpanman!
    i agree with you.
    i want my boyfriend to hug me! hehe:D
    and i like your nickname**

    返信削除
  2. hello anpanman.
    thanks for your comment :0]
    what i hug my mother is like my habit, so it is a bit difficult to understand for me why you and lots of japanese people think that is rare..
    and, i think you can hug your mother whenever you want canse she is YOUR mother!! there is no need to hesitate, i think so..

    返信削除
  3. hello anpanman. you asked me, "how can i make eye contact well?" and my answer is, i don't know, haha. i often make eye contact while talking to someone in america but in japan, i think many people are not used to it. you should move at your own pace and try to make eye contact when talking to someone. if you feel uncomfortable then you can look away. it also depends on who you are talking to. some people may be fine with eye contact others may not like it. i think it depends on the situation.

    返信削除